I have been working on my portrait of Henry for hundreds of hours Every once in a while I think I've got it. But it hangs in the hall outside my bathroom door and after awhile I realize it is just not working. So every once in awhile I try again. Here is my most recent attempt and this time I am really hopeful. I have changed everything. The face took the most work - I completely gessoed it out and redid everything. But it's still not right. I think this is because he was excitedly looking above his head in the original but I didn't paint him that way because I didn't think it was flattering. Maybe I will give it a try and a simple too.